A record 15-day heatwave interrupted perfect vintage conditions in McLaren Vale in 2008 causing the most condensed harvest in the region’s history.
Vintage started in the first week of February, slightly earlier than average. Cool and dry conditions during berry ripening were conducive to excellent flavour, colour and phenolic development.
- Ben Thomas, Decanter, June 2010, 4 stars
- Campbell Mattinson, The Big Red Wine Book 2010, 92 Points
- Jesse Lewis, Good Drop, November 2010, 92 points
- Philip White, June 2010, 92++ points
- QWine, October 2011
- Tony Harper, Brisbane News, July 2010
- Tony Keys, The Key Report, June 2010, 93 points
- Tony Love, The Advertiser, July 2010