Oliver’s Taranga cooking series – Episode 4
This month’s recipe for Oliver’s Taranga’s cooking series is Chocolate Raspberry Cake. It was time for another dessert, and this one has me running into the kitchen to check for additional ingredients I might need to bake it immediately.
We’ve matched this delicious treat with our 2021 ‘Chica’ Mencia Rosé – this delicate wine is the perfect match and somehow makes it taste even prettier. Present at your next celebration or gathering of friends.
2021 ‘Chica’ Mencia Rosé – click here to fill your cart >
Chocolate cake with raspberries
130g of Almond Meal
5 Eggs, separated
¾ cup Brown Sugar
200g Dark Chocolate
¼ cup cocoa powder for dusting
Raspberries, Dark Chocolate shavings & Cream to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C fan forced. Grease and line a 22cm round cake tin with baking paper
- Stir the chocolate and butter in large heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water until melted. Remove pan from heat; stir in sugar, almond meal and egg yolks.
- Beat egg whites in a clean small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form; fold into chocolate mixture, in two batches. Pour mixture into pan.
- Bake for 45-1 hour. Allow cake to cool slightly, then transfer to a wire rack.
- Serve warm with Raspberries, Chocolate shavings and cream.