This month’s cooking series recipe feature is Red Berry Cake matched with our Chica Mencia Rose.
So simple, so tasty and just one dish! This berry cake is a delicious way to finish your next summer BBQ, or when hosting the family over the silly season.
- 125g unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (125mL) milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup caster sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 2 cups plain self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 punnet strawberries
- 1 punnet raspberries
- Vanilla bean yoghurt or ice-cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C
- Place the butter, milk and vanilla into a 22cm (8½ inch) ovenproof frying pan. Stir over low heat until the butter has melted, then remove from the heat
- Add the caster sugar and flour and baking powder and mix combine. Add the eggs, lemon zest and stir until smooth.
- Level out cake mix, slice the strawberries and top the cake mix with the berries and sprinkle with extra sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Serve cake warm with vanilla bean yoghurt or ice-cream.
Remember to take a pic and share on socials using hashtag #oliverstarangacookingseries