We invite you to enjoy our monthly videos where we cook up something delicious to match one of our premium wines.
This month we have been enjoying the new release 2018 The Hunt for Mrs Oliver Sparkling Fiano. It made sense to create this seasonal tart with our delicious peaches grown in the Taranga orchard. What a perfect match!
Be brave and give the recipe a try (glass in hand of course) and be sure to take a picture and tag Oliver’s Taranga with hashtag #oliverstarangacookingseries
Peach and Almond Tart recipe
- 90G BUTTER, SOFTENED
- ½ CUP BROWN SUGAR
- 2 EGGS
- 1 ½ CUPS ALMOND MEAL
- ¼ CUP (40G) PLAIN FLOUR
- ½ TEASPOON BAKING POWDER
- LEMON RIND of 2 lemons
- 3 YELLOW PEACHES
- ½ CUP (90G) BROWN SUGAR, EXTRA
- ½ CUP ALMOND FLAKES
- DOUBLE CREAM, TO SERVE
- Preheat oven to 160°C (320°F).
- Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of a food processor and beat until just combined.
- Add the eggs, almond meal, baking powder and lemon rind and beat until just combined.
- Transfer into a greased tart tin (I used a 34cm x 9cm tin)
- Place the peaches and extra brown sugar in a bowl and toss to coat. Press the peaches into the tart mixture and bake for 35 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Sprinkle with almond flakes and serve with double cream or ice cream