Click to have a watch of Part 3 (Fermentation) on the goings on behind the 2013 Oliver’s Taranga vintage.
In Part 3 Corrina takes us through the fermentation process.
– Once the wine is into the ferment it is about tasting everyday to see where the juice is at.
– Testing the PH and TA (titratable acidity) levels.
– From there it is about making decisions to adjust the temperature of the ferment (controls how fast or slow the ferment takes) or make any extra additions to the wine.
– Our wine making philosophy is fairly hands off, we prefer to bring in the fruit as perfect as possible and let the vintage speak for itself.
– Then it is about tasting specifically for the tannins and making the decision to press when these are sitting in the perfect place.
If you missed the Part 2 section on The Crush CLICK HERE to have a look.
Hope you enjoyed. If you have any questions at all feel free to leave a comment and we will get back to you ASAP
Stay tuned for Part 4 – Barreling